What is the urgency of now?
Jon Swartz is a veteran technology reporter based in Silicon Valley currently covering emerging and disruptive tech at USA Today. This is the second time he’s been invited to Revolution. His take on news trends is less about hype and more about how technology impacts everyday business and society. Sometimes technology is the solution as much as it is part of the problem. For consumers, the ability to use mobile, social and the web is not only enlivening real-time experiences, it’s also delivering immediacy to e-commerce and social commerce.
On this episode, Jon explores the importance of “the urgency of now” and how its changing the landscape for commerce. From shopping to how we pay for what we want, and the technology that changes customer expectations along the way, businesses must now evaluate how to adapt to not only react but lead customer experiences before they fall to digital darwinism.
Brian Solis is principal at Altimeter Group, a research-based advisory firm. Solis is globally recognized as one of the most prominent thought leaders and published authors in new media. A digital analyst, sociologist, and futurist, Solis has studied and influenced the effects of emerging media on business, marketing, and culture. His new book, The End of Business as Usual explores the emergence of GenerationC, a new generation of customers and how businesses must adapt to reach them. Engage, Solis’ previous book, is regarded as the industry reference guide for businesses to build and measure success in the social web.
- USA Today’s Jon Swartz on the The Urgency of Now (briansolis.com)
- Businesses not Making the Pivot from Lip Service to Social Customer Service [infographic] (socialmediatoday.com)
- SXSW: Brian Solis – How Your Brand Can Succeed on The Web (hubspot.com)
- Infographic: The Perception Gap with Brian Solis (womma.org)
- Snake Management 101 (Excerpt from Hold the Starch) wp.me/p4ewQm-lW via @TheInnCTCI 2 minutes ago
- "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity." ~~Dorothy Parker wp.me/p4nxHy-JL 2 hours ago
- Time to end teacher tenure | TheHill ow.ly/z86Fk #TCOT 2 hours ago
- The decline (1880) wp.me/p4C7YO-5F 4 hours ago
- Andrew Jackson — Tackling the Turnover Problem | Center for Digital Bs. Transformation ow.ly/zoEeq @andrewjackson65 @bravotech 5 hours ago
- Why employee engagement is important — Examples from Doug Conant, former CEO at Campbell Soup ow.ly/z8574 6 hours ago
- Pope Francis Prays for Persecuted Christians in Iraq, 'I Know How Much You are Suffering' ow.ly/zuwIa #pray 6 hours ago