What is the urgency of now?
Jon Swartz is a veteran technology reporter based in Silicon Valley currently covering emerging and disruptive tech at USA Today. This is the second time he’s been invited to Revolution. His take on news trends is less about hype and more about how technology impacts everyday business and society. Sometimes technology is the solution as much as it is part of the problem. For consumers, the ability to use mobile, social and the web is not only enlivening real-time experiences, it’s also delivering immediacy to e-commerce and social commerce.
On this episode, Jon explores the importance of “the urgency of now” and how its changing the landscape for commerce. From shopping to how we pay for what we want, and the technology that changes customer expectations along the way, businesses must now evaluate how to adapt to not only react but lead customer experiences before they fall to digital darwinism.
Brian Solis is principal at Altimeter Group, a research-based advisory firm. Solis is globally recognized as one of the most prominent thought leaders and published authors in new media. A digital analyst, sociologist, and futurist, Solis has studied and influenced the effects of emerging media on business, marketing, and culture. His new book, The End of Business as Usual explores the emergence of GenerationC, a new generation of customers and how businesses must adapt to reach them. Engage, Solis’ previous book, is regarded as the industry reference guide for businesses to build and measure success in the social web.
- USA Today’s Jon Swartz on the The Urgency of Now (briansolis.com)
- Businesses not Making the Pivot from Lip Service to Social Customer Service [infographic] (socialmediatoday.com)
- SXSW: Brian Solis – How Your Brand Can Succeed on The Web (hubspot.com)
- Infographic: The Perception Gap with Brian Solis (womma.org)
- “If you can dream it, you can achieve it.” ~Zig Ziglar | #Quote ow.ly/SWIgj 10 hours ago
- Joe Adcock hits a blast to center field at the Polo Grounds (1953) | History of the #Atlanta #Braves ow.ly/SVSKd #BravesCountry 12 hours ago
- “Against all odds. Don’t give up hope. Some people change. Love finds a way.” ~Kenny Chesney | #Quote ow.ly/SVNub 16 hours ago
- “Welcome with open arms fellow believers who don’t see things the way you do.” ~Apostle Paul | #TeamJesus ow.ly/SVJVU 19 hours ago
- Obama Admin Refuses Win-Win Religious Liberty Solution | #GOP #Democrats ow.ly/TcJik 22 hours ago
- "If someone takes unfair advantage of you, use the occasion to practice the servant life." ~~Jesus | #Quote ow.ly/SSQSv 1 day ago
- “Counting on God’s Rule to prevail, I take heart and gain strength.” ~Habakkuk | #TeamJesus ow.ly/SSQOk 1 day ago