What is the urgency of now?
Jon Swartz is a veteran technology reporter based in Silicon Valley currently covering emerging and disruptive tech at USA Today. This is the second time he’s been invited to Revolution. His take on news trends is less about hype and more about how technology impacts everyday business and society. Sometimes technology is the solution as much as it is part of the problem. For consumers, the ability to use mobile, social and the web is not only enlivening real-time experiences, it’s also delivering immediacy to e-commerce and social commerce.
On this episode, Jon explores the importance of “the urgency of now” and how its changing the landscape for commerce. From shopping to how we pay for what we want, and the technology that changes customer expectations along the way, businesses must now evaluate how to adapt to not only react but lead customer experiences before they fall to digital darwinism.
Brian Solis is principal at Altimeter Group, a research-based advisory firm. Solis is globally recognized as one of the most prominent thought leaders and published authors in new media. A digital analyst, sociologist, and futurist, Solis has studied and influenced the effects of emerging media on business, marketing, and culture. His new book, The End of Business as Usual explores the emergence of GenerationC, a new generation of customers and how businesses must adapt to reach them. Engage, Solis’ previous book, is regarded as the industry reference guide for businesses to build and measure success in the social web.
- USA Today’s Jon Swartz on the The Urgency of Now (briansolis.com)
- Businesses not Making the Pivot from Lip Service to Social Customer Service [infographic] (socialmediatoday.com)
- SXSW: Brian Solis – How Your Brand Can Succeed on The Web (hubspot.com)
- Infographic: The Perception Gap with Brian Solis (womma.org)
- RT @GeorgiaLogCabin "Wilson [R-CA] endorses Cruz [R-TX] …" ow.ly/4nhBsw #TCOT 4 hours ago
- @BillyHallowell Love New Hempstead. Used to spend a lot of time in New City and Spring Valley. Beautiful / historical area. Be blessed. 4 hours ago
- RT @McaCeo "Dear #God I wanna take a minute not to ask for anything" 4 hours ago
- @npflex Amen! Be blessed. God is with you! 5 hours ago
- RT @cvpayne "What a shame... @johnboehner was like a lapdog to Pres Obama and squandered so much now wants to be a party wrecking " #TCOT 5 hours ago
- "A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be." ~Gretzky ow.ly/4nhwaG 5 hours ago
- @cvpayne I've noticed he doesn't like to make a profit and no dividends. 5 hours ago